Thursday, April 25, 2013

Flower Gardens



Flora Ann's Garden

April showers bring May flowers.  This is one of my favorite times of the year with all of the colors erupting from the winter months.  Some people call it a labor of love the amount of effort they put in planting and maintaining flower and vegetable gardens.  For me, I prefer to observe and paint the fruits / flowers of someone else's labor.  This garden was painted in the warm summer months.

Two gigantic oak tress were taken out when a tornado passed by this small piece of property.  Knowing that she would not live long enough to see mature oak trees again, Flora Ann decided to replace them with this lovely flower garden which she and her neighbors could enjoy.

This beautiful garden is located in an area near Kernersville N.C. called Old Salem.  Salem, North Carolina was settled by the Moravians from Germany in the mid 1750's.

This image is available on my Etsy site - 16x20, double matted, giclee for $40 + shipping.  Click here to visit my Etsy site to view this and many of my other paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment