Monday, April 22, 2013

Divot



Divot
My wife Penny rescued a collie that had been found at the city dump, emaciated and filthy with hundreds of mats, he looked like a par three tee after hundreds of golfers had teed off once Penny cut the mats out with a pair of scissors.  What a beautiful dog Divot became.

The fact that Penny had worked at a veterinary hospital for over twenty-four years has given her the chance to take in more animals that I care to list.  I have told her that I think her name is written on the bathroom walls.  Penny has chosen to cremate each one instead of burying them, so if she dies before me, God forbid, I told her that I would combine her ashes with all those she loved so dearly and scatter them where ever she chose.

Please remember to responsibly take care of your animals, spaying and neutering when necessary.  There are several organizations that you can find in your own area by simply searching animal adoption and rescue.  One organization that provides solutions in the Piedmont Triad area of NC is http://www.aarfanimals.org/  

This image is available on my Etsy site - 16x20, double matted, giclee for $40 + shipping.  Click here to visit my Etsy site to view this and many of my other paintings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment