Monday, October 7, 2013

Richard Hedgecock's Book Is Almost Gone


Two years ago my first book was published.  Believe it or not, it is almost gone.  So, if you are interested in getting a copy you better contact me soon. Below is an excerpt from the book.

I've often wondered what I have to offer in words when my life's passion has always been painting. Like many people, I have been saying that I was going to write a book even though one of my best friends told me to stick to painting, for I didn't  have enough colors to write.  Those were wise words I'm sure, but I've chosen to disregard his advice; I'm counting on my art to augment my palette and make up for my shortcomings with the written word.

Now I'm no poet, but there are some stories I want told that my paintbrush alone can't handle.  That is why I have written a book, it is meant to be a coffee table book, hopefully easy to read, pleasant to look at, but with an underlying message.  I think most of us hope that there is a purpose for our existence, that we are not just tumbleweeds blowing in the wind.

Our world is shrinking and expanding at the same time; shrinking by our awareness that the other side of the earth is only a blink away by satellite and expanding by the exploration of the heavens.  We becomes aware of our sameness and at the same time our uniqueness.  Some of us need to travel to expand our horizons, while others are content to plant our seeds in the same spot year after year; we are all searching for something to share.  It is the sharing that this book is about.

No comments:

Post a Comment