Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chickens are Regal - Commissioned Works

Big Red

 Strutting

Your favorite animals and your most loved pets are Regal to you.

I have always liked chickens, and as a small kid stayed with me grandparents.  I used to search their barn looking for a nest of eggs.  But when I went to the animal shelter to get Penny something I knew she would like for her birthday . . . (another dog that was about to be eliminated), the one I chose happened to be a chicken eater.

Please remember to responsibly take care of your animals, spaying and neutering when necessary.  There are several organizations that you can find in your own area by simply searching animal adoption and rescue.  One organization that provides solutions in the Piedmont Triad area of NC is http://www.aarfanimals.org/  

What does this have to do with chickens?  It just means that if I did a painting of one, it would have to be someone else's chicken, which Big Red and Strutting were.

These images are available on my Etsy site - 16x20, double matted, giclee for $40 + shipping.  Click here to visit my Etsy site to view this and many of my other paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment